Saturday, September 22, 2007

Adult update

Most everyone is interested in our kids but hang in there, I will be brief in my adult update.

Jenni--
I am still on maternity leave and enjoying every minute. When I start to think about how much time I have left I get sad. I try and get those sad thoughts out of my head immediately so I can enjoy the now and not worry about the future. I am enjoying being a mother of 2 kids. It's not easy but it is easier than I thought it would be. Not only was the delivery easier (thanks again to the spinal and epidural!), the recovery was much quicker and introducing Lily to her bro was way easier than expected. Because of the ease of having a second child I frequently think adding a 3rd will be a breeze. But...I won't be getting pregnant again anytime soon. I'm enjoying sleeping on my stomach way too much! I went through another birthday, turning 31 over labor day weekend. It was a wonderful day and started with sleeping in, followed by breakfast in bed. It ended with a bbq with Joy and family which is always fun.

Randy--
Randy handed in his thesis last week. He will defend on Sept. 28. It's here...the end is fast approaching. I don't think the reality has sunk in for either of us. We had all last week together and he is to blame for my lack of blogging. I've been enjoying his company all day every day. I could definitely get used to this life...paid to be at home with my family. Randy hasn't had much of a summer since he's been so busy working on his thesis. He did celebrate the final days of summer by going fishing one day. But..unfortunately his guilt got the best of him and he's been working on his talk for his defense ever since. He is able to multi task...while working on his talk he can put Harrison to sleep. Randy has restless leg syndrome and it comes in handy with bouncing the bouncy chair to which Harrison always falls asleep. Randy does this for hours at a time.

2 comments:

Staci said...

Sleeping on my stomach. Totally the biggest sacrifice of being pregnant. I always rejoice at being able to do it again once the kid is out! :)

Diana said...

Congrats to Randy for finishing!!! That's so awesome. I'm not done yet, but hopefully in November? Maybe?