Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rambling blog ahead

This blog will help me catch up on the Lily updates, otherwise I don't have much to report. Lily is getting her top 2 teeth, 1 is still trying to come through the gums. This makes 4 teeth total. She is eating cheerios and veggie/fruit puffs. She is entertained for quite a while picking up each bite and putting it in her mouth. Her little pincer grip is quite developed. Day care is still going well. I was a little worried she wouldn't remember the day care provider and kids because she was not there all last week. No worries needed, she did great. Lily isn't crawling yet but she's close. She will tuck her knees under her and can lift up on her arms but hasn't put the 2 together. She does get places though. She can roll and roll and roll. It's scary to imagine that she will be mobile soon. It will be kind of nice at the same time since she is sooooo squirmy when holding her. She is antsy to get moving and not with any help from her parents.

Last night I held a teeny, tiny baby. Our friends delivered their new baby girl on the 4th of July. She is a whole pound less than what Lily was at birth. Now that I'm used to holding a 17 pound infant anything less would seem tiny. But this little girl was super cute with long legs and arms. I could have held her all day and not tired out. Can't say the same about holding Lily anymore. :)

A few posts ago I commented on the X-Men movie we saw. I said I would provide more movie critiques but forgot. Anyhow we did see the DaVinci Code and the Breakup. Both are definitely rent-able. Don't see the Breakup with any expectations and you might enjoy it more than I did. The DaVinci Code was way too long and the book is more entertaining. Plus Tom Hanks (normally I like him) didn't fit the main character for me. Harrison Ford would have been better. So save your money and go bowling or see Pirates of the Caribbean, which is our next movie to see.

No comments: