Thursday, November 15, 2007

Our girl

Lily is 2 years and 25 days old. The best adjectives to describe her are goofy, adorable, cute, and silly. Oh yeah, add loud too!

Lily loves to bake. She loves to sit in her booster chair and "help cook." This means she transfers flour from one bowl to another bowl via spoons or measuring cups. "Cooking" entertains her for at least 45 minutes and then she starts experimenting. I'm learning my lesson and need to monitor more closely when those 45minutes are up.


Lily's other favorite is coloring. "Poppa want to color?" is asked of Randy about 10 times a day. Her coloring style changes every few days. She likes to fill in circles or squares but other times will make little v's or diagonal lines. A favorite of her parents is mess free markers. They only produce color on a specific coloring book. They also have finger paints that work the same way. Lily liked those but once she started using it as lip gloss I took them away.


The weather has enabled us to enjoy some fall days outside. One specific playground had a wobbly bridge. At first Lily wanted me to carry her across it, then I had to hold her hand as we both crossed then. Then...she did it all by herself. To see her confidence grow was awesome. She was quite proud.


Lily loves her blankets, stuffed animals and dolls. She picks a favorite every few days. Right now she loves Harrison's blanket (my fault since I was washing her other two too close to bedtime), her baby doll we named Teddy (resembles our friend Ted in the hair department), and Harrison's stuffed animal lion. Thankfully he doesn't mind sharing yet.


Lily is quite a talker. Her verbal communication has improved significantly in recent months. Of course we occasionally rack our brains trying to figure out what she is saying. A few days ago I figured out that "alc" means "Alex" as in a boy from daycare. She kept asking "Where'd alc go?" It took a few times for her to repeat it and thankfully she didn't get upset every time I had her repeat it. Lily always says "good morning" to Harrison. Once when she was in his face he touched her with his hand and she thought that was so funny. Now everytime she talks to him she will put her face by his hand and when he makes the slightest move she says "baby got me!"

Last Saturday was a very eventful day in the land of toddlerville. Thirty minute nap + poor eating = cranky, miss crankerson. All I can say is that I'm thankful Randy was there. We took turns with discipling. I can't tell you how many times Lily went to time out but she started to enjoy it and didn't want to come out. A example of how the day went...when I asked her to help put bubbles in the bath, something she loves doing, she bursted into tears. A very long bath (only thing that calmed her) was followed by early bedtime. The next morning when Randy opened her door she stood on her bed and said "I had good night."

When I arrive at daycare her face lights up and she shouts "Momma!" and runs to hug me. When we pull into the drive way she asks "Poppa home?" When she is counting she always follows #4 with #9. Usually it goes "1,2,4,9,8" and if she's using her fingers she will throw a "rock on!" in there as well. She is learning her colors but typically will answer yellow to everything. She makes us laugh continuously. As Randy says every night when he gets home "I just want to squeeze her." When I ask for a hug and she says "okay" and runs across the room and puts her arms around my neck, well, it's the sweetest thing. We love you Lillers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those grandbabies more than I can say. I am truly blessed.