Thursday, January 15, 2009

Away from home

Randy and I both traveled east for work. We flew together but stayed separately due to my conference and his work, which was about 30 miles apart. My conference was in Washington D.C. and my hotel was in a great area...including a nice view of the Washington Monument. Randy was able to visit me one night and we took a car tour of the city. I've been here before during my junior year in high school, but my focus was boys and not necessarily the National Young Leaders Conference I was supposed to be focused on. :) It's Melissa's fault...she came with me. :) Just joking.

Now...I'm sitting in Randy's hotel...in the Greenbelt...with nothing to do. But blog. Randy is working...I'm going to do some work soon because I have nothing else to do. I don't want to nap...I don't want to read my book...everything I say I'll do when I have free time I don't want to do. Why? I wish I knew!

I miss my kids. I've gotten to listen to Harrison breath and make a few noises on the phone twice and talked with Lily every day. The first few days it was a very quick conversation, usually something like this "hi momma, I played with grandma, bye!!" Last night we actually talked for 5 full minutes until she was in the middle of talking and become quiet...after 20 seconds I asked her if she was watching a movie and she said "yes." She's just like her father. :)

It's so different hearing Lily talk on the phone. Her voice sounds like a little girl. I've told her a few times over the past few months that I don't want her to grow up and she tells me she wants to. I guess I better blog more about the new things Lily and Harrison do each day so I will always remember them.

Tomorrow we get to see the kids. It was been the longest time away from them. They have been very happy staying with both grandparents which makes me feel good. I am beyond excited, though, to hold them in my arms and give them the biggest, tightest hug. I love you Lily and Harrison!

No comments: