Friday, January 30, 2009

Update

Randy is back from Boston...another work trip. He was away for 4 nights which forces me to get creative to keep kids happy and entertained. One night I brought in a huge box left over from our move and the kids crawled in and out of it while I fixed dinner-score! Last night I brought in the playskool car (normally used in summer outdoors) and Harrison's new big wheel (definitely can't pedal it but likes to sit on it). Although they couldn't agree on who got to drive the car it still entertained them enough for me to get dinner and clean up. Lovely.

Last night Lily said to me "I'm going to dream about Cinderella, you dream about Poppa." And she must have dreamt about Cinderella because in the middle of the night she started shouting "Don't take my dress" and was pretty upset, still sleeping nonetheless, but calmed when I told her she could keep her dress on. :)

Harrison has mastered the word "No!" He copies his friend, Ella, from daycare and draws out the "Oooooooo." He also says in a deep voice so it's actually funny to hear. He's getting much better verbally but still using his signs. I think teaching him signs helped with his frustration at daycare...not having the verbal skills to communicate his distaste of someone taking his toy or invading his space. He is hitting now (so NOT okay!) but he is remorseful (when caught!) and will sign "sorry" and hug the victim.

When are finally getting our house in order. We're having a lot of company next weekend so that is our motivation. Joy, Bobby and the kids and Randy's folks along with our nephew Hunter will be visiting. It will be a house full of kids, from toddlers to teens, so never a dull moment I'm sure. Randy and I have painted 3 rooms (2 still need a 2nd coat), finally found curtains we liked (so missing my diverse home stores in CO!!), and now we need to find a dining room table and maybe a headboard/footboard for our bed. That's our plan for this weekend so fingers crossed we can find something!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's a lot of ambitious home improvement projects. We finally picked a wall color for our bedroom ("gray wolf") after months and months of searching and living with sample colors blocks on the walls.

Then, we'll get around to painting in a month or two and then think about tackling the new nursery. I don't think the baby will like the football wallpaper border that came with the house.