Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The coolest thing in the world

I love Barbies. My best friend, Melissa, and I played Barbies almost daily for 6+ years. She always called first pick and got the best Barbie but I'm over it, I really am. We even secretly played one time after we were clearly out of the appropriate age for playing Barbies.

I was very excited when Lily first saw my old Barbies and her eyes got big and mouth dropped open. A good sign! Much to Randy's dismay (but to my mom's relief) a large plastic bin accompanied us home. Lily and I went through all my old Barbie dolls, clothes and accessories. It was so much fun and brought back memories of playing Barbies with Melissa. It was fun dressing up the dolls and the pretty dresses and combing their hair. Lily combined her love of Sleeping Beauty into the mix so my Barbie was the evil fairy that wasn't invited to the party. :)

1 comment:

erbiegirl said...

i absolutely KNOW Romy will love Barbie dolls. her two favorite things to play with are dolls and little people. put them together = Barbie! Gweb and I played with our Barbies until we were probably in 6th grade...how old is that? All i know is i wait for the day to play with Romy! Have FUN!