Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

This daycare thing is for the birds. This is my 2nd week back to work full time. My work will not allow me to work from home anymore. Boohoo. Sending Lily to daycare everyday doesn't just affect me...Randy has a hard time too. He called me after dropping her off this morning. He said it was difficult and I initially thought he meant getting himself and her ready, feeding and taking care of the animals, etc. He meant it was hard to leave her this morning because she was so alert and happy. She was staring at him when he had to leave. How sad is that? Thank goodness I don't have to drop her off in the morning or I would be a wreck. He also said that when he was getting ready this morning he could hear her moving around a little bit on the monitor but she never cried. When he went into to get her she was wide awake, just looking around. Of course when she saw him she was very smiley.
Last night I tried to bath her in the bathroom sink. I figured the sink would be deeper and she would be submerged in more water. It was interesting and I had to hold onto her in strange ways but she liked it. She even kicked her legs, splashing the water a few times.
For those of you that don't know Randy is teaching Astronomy 101 at a community college twice a week. All I can say if I had a professor that looked like him I would have been in love! Easy for me to say since I am in love but ya know what I mean. Not the usual professor look! He likes it and it's fun to see him get so excited. After his first class he was so hyper! He's taught plenty before for other professors but it's HIS first class.

Just a little request for everyone to keep my uncle John in their thoughts. He had surgery yesterday. Also happy birthday to my older bro yesterday!!

1 comment:

Staci said...

You know my views on daycare drop-off - it stinks. You're very lucky that Randy does that part of it. Picking her up is way more fun, I'm sure, since she's excited to see you and go home!