Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom!

Well I am a little belated in my blog wishes since her birthday was yesterday. I did call her on her actual birthday I swear! This blog will be dedicated to my mom and Randy's mother-in-law and Lily's grandma.

My mom is a tough cookie with a huge heart. She would do anything for her family. She provided a loving home and fun childhood. During a birthday party, around age 10, my mom and little bro, Brian, jumped out from a hiding spot and scared the daylights out of me and my friends. We were playing hide-and-go-seek, by the cemetary, in the dark so we were already scared! For all of our birthdays she did everything possible so we would have a great time. She tried to plan a surprise party for me, around age 12 I think, but ended up having to tell me about it since I was pestering her. She set limits, for example, I wasn't allowed to watch Fatal Attraction even though my older cousin, Erin, was allowed. Now that I have seen the movie I am thankful, even if I threw a fit back then. :) I'm still terrified of the bunny scene. She wanted all of her kids to do well in school and life. She came to our sporting events, which was a lot, and was overjoyed when we made the honor roll, lettered in sports and were nominated for homecoming/prom royalty. She gives me the calico bean and meatball recipe over and over again without telling me to write it down. She has waited, patiently isn't the right word here, maybe against her wishes, to become a grandma for over 6 years (since Jay and Cheri were married and 5 yrs since Randy and I were married). Her grandbabies are her world. Her dog, Sadie, is pretty close behind the grandbabies, then come her kids, then comes Dad. He has accepted his place graciously. :)

My mom has been faced with tough situations all through her life. She has beaten every challenge and came out tougher than she started. She is a very good role model and I am very thankful she is my mom, Randy's mom-in-law and Lily's grandma. She is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I love you Mom! Happy, Happy Birthday.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything you said about my wonderful sister. She has been my inspiration for my whole life. She is so kind and thoughtful. I love her.

I am way behind on how to handle a computer. You are so talented Jen. I just figured out that I could respond to your blog. I love to see your beautiful baby. She is precious. Can't wait to see her again. Aunt Joleen

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute, thank you Jenni. I have a wonderful family that have been here for me always with their love and support.