Monday, June 26, 2006

I just finished a nice long entry and it was erased. I'd like to blame the website but it very well could have been my fault. Oh well.

Long story short, our weekend was filled with World Cup Soccer, jogging, scrap booking, cleaning and cooking, grocery shopping, naps and a BBQ. I also used my Mother's Day pedicure gift certificate. My toes are much prettier now.

We are getting ready for our vacation to SD/IA. I love spending the 4th of July in my hometown. My family has a BBQ and lights up a fireworks display. You can legally light fireworks in SD. It's kind of sad that we cannot light them in CO but I completely understand and don't want the entire state to burn down. Anyhow, my cousins, brother, uncles and Randy all run around lighting off fireworks and running for cover. It's quite a scene! I wonder how Lily will react to the fireworks. I would imagine she might not like the loud noise but she might be captivated by the pretty colors in the sky. I need to buy some bug spray. I'm sure the SD critters would love taking a bite outta her.

Lily switched day cares last week. Our new day care lady is working out lovely. We really like her and Lily does too. Lily took a few days to adjust to the new house and kids but now is doing great. With one exception...she no longer takes a bottle. She would take 2-3 bottles a day from the old day care lady but she would refuse from anyone esle, including any family member that was babysitting her. We increased her solid feedings and offer the sippy cup, which she hasn't mastered yet, but other than that she will refuse a bottle. Our pediatrician said not to worry. Yeah right, new parents...don't worry. Ha. Not much we can do...oh wait I could stop working since she still breast feeds. Sounds great to me!

My mom is going through Lily withdrawl(I'm sure my in-laws are too). She watches her videos over and over again. So here are some more Lily photos to keep you all satisfied until Saturday!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is getting soooooo big, I can't wait to see her! I bet she is doing so much more than the last time I saw her. Her and Gracie will have to have a playdate! I am curious as to why you have a new daycare lady. :< Will hear all about it soon. Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Iam counting the days,can't wait. Your favorit Aunt. Sure is one good thing about not working, I will be able to see you guys alot when your here.