Monday, January 28, 2008

Our life

Thankfully Randy knows when to use G rated language. Last week Randy was renovating our dining room and hit the wall with molding. Instead of a usual dammit or something equal (maybe worse) he said "dang it." That is funny to type because he's not really a dang it type of guy. Anyhow Lily's 2 year old ears paid close attention and she immediately repeated it. This weekend she dropped a stack of flash cards and immediately said "dang it." She continued to say dang it until she picked up the stack of cards.

We went to the stock show this past weekend. I'm glad we experienced it but for $31 we probably won't go back. Our first encounter with horses led to one sneezing on Lily which she wasn't fond of. She was very interested in all the animals (lambs, billy goats, bunnies, chickens, etc.) but was hestitant to touch them. She did like climbing on the small John Deer tractors and lawn mowers.

Lily's frequent sayings include "My turn," "No, Lily's turn," "I can do it," "I go to work," and "I not two." Not sure where the last one came from but she was walking around the house saying it in a stern voice while pointing at us.

Harrison is working on his abs. He wants to sit up but hasn't mastered doing it on his own yet. He is eating 2 oatmeal meals a day and is loving it. At the stock show I carried him in my hip carrier and he looked at all the animals and never once made a peep. Of course he exploded in his diaper right before we arrived. That is when I'm very thankful for my mini van. Cleaning a baby with poop everywhere isn't easy so it's nice to have the space to spread out.

Randy has the renovation bug again. It hits us approximately every 4-6 months. He just finished adding molding to the dining room and next on his adgenda is the kid's bathroom. Speaking of bathroom renovations stay tuned for updates regarding a really cool show that will air a really cool family. The air dates have changed before so I won't update until closer to the date just in case they change again.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

That is hilarious that Lily picked up "dang it" so quickly. I remember my mom saying the real version of that and my little brother repeating it for DAYS!