Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Update

Harrison started rice cereal last week. I wanted to wait until 6 months but he was ready. He increased his bottle feedings by 1.5 ounces and I wasn't able to keep up. With some extra pumpings, herbal pill and rice cereal we are back on track. I hope. He definitely knows how to eat. He will open his mouth like a little bird. He tries to grab our hands (probably trying to get the spoon) which makes getting the spoon to his mouth a challenge. Add in bouncy seat with a mean left leg kick and it's a surprise any food hits his mouth.

I don't think I've talked about Lily's potty training before. Mostly out of fear I would jinx it. She started before Christmas and it's still going great. We had a one day regression but overall she has impressed us. She loves her penguin (Happy Feet) underpants the most but also has Elmo (of course!), princess, and curious george. She only goes on the potty chair so we need to introduce her to the toilet soon. I'm sure it would make outings much easier (yes, imagine her using the potty in the front seat of our car outside the Denver Aquarium). Thankfully she will sit on the potty anywhere but it would be nice to leave it at home.

Lily continues in gymnastics and her last class is this weekend. I think she will miss the stamps the most. At the end of class after the kids have their shoes on they stamp their hands. She LOVES it!

Harrison is even more snuggly than before. The past week he will grab on and cuddle into my neck. We are on the look out for teeth. He has been drooling like mad for over a month now. We thought we felt something but it was on the side so Randy said we had a vampire baby. We can't see anything yet but it will probably be soon. Lily got her 2 bottom teeth at 5 months and he's 5 months on January 20. Not that he has to follow in her footsteps but I figure it gives us a general idea.

Not much new with Randy and I. Working and taking care of the kids fills up our time. We managed to watch American Idol last night. Randy hardly watches and hides his face cuz he's embarrased for the people that think they can sing and can't. I'm one of those people...well, I sing but I know it's not a good sound but you would never catch me on national tv singing. Why don't those people understand that??? Oh well, it's entertaining!

No comments: