Thursday, November 11, 2010

Last night

after the kids were tucked in bed and sleeping soundly I started thinking about how fast they grow up. I'm an emotional mess lately so this really hit me hard. I had a good cry and started to climb into my bed alone (Randy is away with buddies on a fishing trip)but decided to crawl into Harrison's bed (he sleeps in a full bed next to Lily's twin bed in her room). As I was clearing the large amount of stuffed animals, extra blankets, books and pillows I woke him up. I asked if I could sleep next to him and he smiled the sweetest smile and nodded his head yes (in a very sleepy manner). Before I laid my head on the pillow he had his arm wrapped over my neck and cuddled right in.

It wasn't the most restful night of sleep but it was a filled with a warm little body that would snuggle up to me every once in a while. Plus, when Lily woke up she was quite happy I slept in their room.

It's this kind of memory I want to hold onto forever. I don't expect to retain it in my memory but in 15-20 years I will be happy I wrote about it.

No comments: