Saturday, August 06, 2011

Grand Cayman, part 2

Yesterday, we started with the pool (Randy entertained Henry while I swam with Lil and Harrison). Then Randy took the older kids while I swung in the hammock reading a book (my book club book, Secret Life of Bees!!) while Henry slept on me. We had rest time and then Randy took Lily snorkeling while I kept the boys in the condo to rest more. Later, I took Harrison for some alone time on the beach. I tried to get him to put on snorkel mask (he's done this plenty) but he refused. So I ended up laying in the ocean while he poured sand on my back. He was happy and well, how could I not be? We de-sanded, got pretty and caught a "bus" to go down seven mile beach road to have a celebratory anniversary dinner. "Bus" means a van that acts like a taxi. Besides lack of car seat options it was convenient (it didn't go fast and we didn't travel far). A day before, Lily and I (Henry was strapped in bjorn) walked down the beach to explore and found a smoothie place. it was a hot day and I visioned walking back with Henry in the front carrier with Lily on my back so we tried out the "bus." Best $2 I ever spent. Anyhow, we ate at Yoshi (yummy sushi) and when we got back to our condo the kids had an early bedtime which gave us peaceful time to hang out together. It was just right.

Today, we started in pool (Randy swam with Lil and Harrison and I followed later with Henry) followed by the ocean and my usual book reading in the hammock/Henry nap. Our days are pretty routine but it's working very well. The kids love to swim in the pool so they can actually swim and the ocean is more playing in the waves and sand.

Randy and I have been taking time almost everyday to have "mommy time" and "daddy time.". It's fabulous. We do whatever we want by ourselves. It would be fun to have time with Randy (see previous post about how much I like to guy) but this time alone works for this family trip. We take about an hour and I tend to enjoy a beach chair (with and without reading my book) and today I also snorkeled. Randy tends to snorkel each time and right now he's out for a jog on the beach. Happy mommy and happy daddy!!

No comments: