Monday, August 08, 2011

More from Grand Cayman Island

Today we....
~~Woke up ridiculously early (courtesy of the "H" boys)
~~Played in the pool (I showed off by doing some spectacular jumps into the pool, yes, I think Randy would agree they were spectacular). Lily also jumped into the pool! Even though she was wearing floaties she has never had the guts until today. Of course she loved it. Harrison started doing it too with his spiderman floatie ring thingy.
~~Built a sandcastle. I'm not talking the usual bucket castle where the top never comes out right. I'm talking big mound carved down with a knife. Yep, just call Lily and I professionals.
~~Spent a few hours at Caymana Bay. We bused down there, ate lunch at Michael's and let kids loose in the water fountains. After, Randy gave kids option of ice cream or cupcakes. After checking both out they chose ice cream. I don't blame them since it was a hot day but the cupcake store was the cutest store! I bought one for them to share later on. :)
~~Napped. Not all of us but the ones that woke everyone ridiculously early did. I stayed at condo and read my book while Randy and Lily went snorkeling. Lily had progressed to submerging her entire head (only using mask, not breathing apparatus yet) tried floating a bit and even had a fish touch her. Randy and I can't wait to do some real snorkeling with our kids someday!
~~Walked on the beach. Watched a crab dig his hole and throw sand at Harrison, Henry and myself.
~~Had a relaxing and fun family night that included playing phone games with Harrison (more like he taught me how to play), Lily was busy coloring when not playing with Henry or helping Harrison and I, and Henry and Randy had lots of laughs while playing on the floor.
~~Attempted a dusk walk on the beach but the mosquitos foiled our plan. It rained tonight so that maybe why they were out so bad. They are around other nights but tonight they were HUNGRY!

As I was thinking of everything we did today I got mad that I didn't have any hammock time but then I remembered I really did. Just a few minutes when Lily and I got rained on while building our sandcastle. :) I think I know what to ask for my upcoming birthday. :)

No comments: