Thursday, November 08, 2012

Gymnastics

Lily started gymnastics about a month ago.  She is a tumbling bumbling gymnest.  She is loving it and she's good.  She has been practicing her back bends, forward rolls and cartwheels.  It's once a week for one hour.  Which also means keeping 2 boys entertained for 1 hour in a tight space with lots of people around.  After that first lesson, which was exciting for Lily but disastrous for the boys and I (I didn't bring 1 snack or 1 toy, what kind of mom does that???), I now bring along a huge purse full of toys, books and snacks.  Much better!

Today, however, Randy came home from work early and guess what?  He stayed home with the boys while I brought Lily!  Can you even imagine how exciting that is??  Not that I don't enjoy the boys coming along but it meant I could SIT and WATCH.  I enjoyed every minute.  Lily enjoyed it too since I caught her frequently looking for me in the parent gawking window.  I would wave and she would discreetly wave back.

No comments: