Friday, November 02, 2012

Where to start?

I know exactly where I want to start with this blog post...my hot topic is that I'm now a stay at home mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!! Yay!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!! It took almost 7 years but I'm very happy the time finally arrived. It wasn't easy. It took some serious grown up choices. It took selling our "dream" house. Which took a kitchen and master bathroom remodel. It.took.time.

I do wish I had more frequent reminders just how difficult working at home with children was. I've conducted meetings while making mac and cheese. When it was my turn to talk I would hide in my pantry. I've listened to teleconferences while putting Henry down for his nap. That tells you how exciting my teleconferences are that my baby can fall easily asleep while listening on speakerphone. I've driven all over our city to find a location with cell phone service to hold yet another teleconference that was too close to early out time. That same time I had a smoothie ready to pop into Henry's mouth if he started to cry. Yeah, those are great reminders for me. I was very happy working from home (if I had to work) but I don't want to do that for sometime. :)

My current days are filled with my boys. So...that means my days are basically crazy. :) Lots of wrestling or yelling for the boys to be careful so neither gets hurt, specifically the little one. Lots of railroad building. Lots of books. Lots of snacks. Harrison turned 5 a few days after school started but ~3 weeks before the cut off. We opted to wait until next year to send him to kindergarten. We did our research. We know our child. We felt this was the right decision for him. We didn't base our decision on what was easier for us. But I have to say that it definitely affects me and I'm sooooo very happy we waited since I get to spend this year with him before sending him off to school and never having this opportunity again. He is officially attending "mommy school." We are still figuring out our routine and Henry adds an interesting mix to the school part. Today was a good day with a good mix of fun, errands, dr appt and learning. And a nap by BOTH boys (first time in years)! Yes, today was a good day!

1 comment:

Staci said...

That's so awesome! I love occasional reminders of the good and bad of my old job. Reminders that while I was really blessed to have a great job, I am so much more blessed now to be home with my kids, even if they keep me on my toes and sometimes completely overwhelm me. It's exactly where I want to be.

Congratulations!