Monday, November 27, 2006

It takes two

Life with a husband…
1. I can go downstairs/upstairs and grab something.
2. I can go to the bathroom.
3. I can “run” to the store.
4. I only have to clean ½ the house.
5. I can cook, which I love to do, before Lily’s bedtime.
6. I can eat dinner.
7. I don’t have to do all of Lily’s baths.

I am loving life with a husband. Now all the things above are tasks but best to mention the best thing about having a husband back is that I love him and love to be around him. He did purchase a new gaming system which I like to refer to all systems as a Nintendo but his actual system is the Xbox 360 cuz the Play station 2 and Xbox somehow aren’t good enough. I won’t try to understand a guy’s desire to have every new gaming system. I’m not the type of person dying to have the new Jimmy Choo shoes or Kate Spade purse. Maybe if I was that way I would understand. Anyhow, this Xbox 360 makes him happy and that’s all the matters. He is currently at home, playing this system and rotting his brain, which is his plan for now. Soon enough he will be back at work, writing his thesis.

We did venture out the day after Thanksgiving and did some shopping. My blog hasn’t been around long enough for people to know what the day after Thanksgiving means to my family. I have posted before how crazy they are but I don’t think I included the black Friday shopping day. An example is that I called my aunt Julie at midnight (I knew she was up otherwise I would never call this late!) and she was in line at Best Buy with my uncle Larry and cousin-in-law Joey. This was a bit extreme, never before has a family member waited in line this early. My other cousins met for breakfast around 3AM before shopping which has been the norm for the past 3-4 years. Randy and I, on the other hand, opted to sleep in a bit and started shopping around 9AM. We did get everything we wanted and more. I have approximately 65% of my holiday shopping done. We also purchased our Christmas tree but it’s bare in our living room, waiting to be decorated.

No comments: