Thursday, November 09, 2006

Today I feel like a million bucks

But I didn’t feel this way the past 2 days. I had the flu and I blame the elections. I had all the lovely symptoms: nauseous, dizzy, abdominal pain, GI issues, fever, chills and body aches. Lovely, yes, indeed. After I was hiding out in my work locker room I went home and stayed there until today. I do find it amusing that everyone’s first reaction is that I’m pregnant. I’m not… for anyone still asking. 

A few updates on Lily…not walking but getting closer. Definitely would call this baby steps. One day she will walk all over with my assistance and the next day will refuse to put weight on her legs when I try to walk with her. She turns to a limp noodle when she doesn’t want to walk. Yesterday she let go of her support and reached for my hand. There were no steps involved but overall this was drastic improvement.

Lily is getting a feisty personality. We are dealing with occasional tantrums that include flinging herself backward not caring if anyone or anything soft is there to catch her. Now no one really told me or prepared me for a 1 year old having tantrums. Why? I thought the terrible 2’s were another full year away. Maybe this means since we’re going through it at an earlier stage…it will be over earlier??? Heehee. I can hope.

Don’t get me wrong Lily isn’t naughty all the time. She is mostly full of hugs and kisses and learning new words and exploring new things. She will try and repeat a lot of words like balloon and cow. She even said “Hi dada” and “Hi cat”. Joy witnessed the latter one so I have extra proof. Sometimes Lily will say something and I am excited, thinking I heard it right, but not know for certain. Having someone else around confirms it and makes me know I’m not making it up.

Joy watched Lily yesterday evening. My plan was to clean, clean, clean and prepare for our upcoming trip but the flu had other plans. I did get to clean in between bouts of rest and Dr. Phil. Dr. Phil was quite interesting…it was about sugar daddies. A 40 yo man met an 18 yo girl online. He is rich and likes to buy her things and she claims she loves him for him, not his money. It was perfect therapy for my illness. I couldn’t have asked for better day time TV.

Here is a photo of Lily. Last weekend she came across a note pad and pencil and started making scribbles. Now, no one has taught her that. She just did it. So smart.

5 comments:

Renee said...

I hope you're feeling better.
I'm sick this week too. :(
No fun, especially with a toddler.

Renee said...

I just re-read the title and feel stupid for the last comment.
Duh.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

hit "send" at the wrong time last post. ack! Gotta love the toddler thrashing...i'm just glad my bug didn't kick and flail, as I had many fewer bruises that way during her throw-self-backwards period. Lily is still a sweetie and is learning so much so fast! It's great to hear she's picking up words now.

Jenni said...

You guys are funny. It's crazy that so many people are sick, all over the midwest!