Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Crazy hip blog mamas ask

What gets me through the day?
Let's pick my day apart.

Coffee gets me through the mornings. Occasionally I splurge for Starbucks but lately I've been happy with my own concoction of 1/2 milk, 1/4 coffee and 1/4 vanilla caramel creamer. Plus I'm usually late to work and waiting at Starbucks is 10 minutes at least...annoying but saves money.

My kids get me through the afternoon. I can't wait to leave work and pick them up. Lily greets me with the biggest hug and seriously defends her territory (MY mommy)when the other kids come to greet me. Harrison flashes his big grin when he first sees me too.

Bedtime gets me though the evening. From 5PM-7PM it's hard work! Dinner, playtime, baths, house hold chores, brushing teeth, breast feeding, and constant negotiations with Lily wear me out. I'm seriously beat by 7:30PM and peel myself off her floor to go to the bathroom ONE MORE TIME before bed. But amazingly after those adorable kiddos are sleeping peacefully I get a huge burst of energy. :) It's surprising how quickly my tired state fads once those little eyelids are closed. It doesn't mean my house is sparkling clean but it means the day to day chores get done and I get to hang out with Randy for a few hours. Until he falls asleep. Haha.

1 comment:

erbiegirl said...

with the few hours a mommy has in a day, we learn to use our time wisely!