Monday, April 07, 2008

Memory preservation via the blog

On the way to our nephew, Payton's, basketball game we stopped at a playground. Randy stayed in the van with a sleeping Harrison while Lily and I went and played. We were swinging side by side and she was looking at me with the biggest smile on her face. I wanted that moment to freeze forever. It was a beautiful day with the final moments of the sun warming us as we laughed together.

Yesterday I was laughing at Lily and caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye...Harrison was smiling at me with a big grin...big enough to extend past his binkie. He wasn't directly facing me but his eyes were on me. When I looked at him he giggled. We played this little game for a while and his smile never faded.

Harrison now copies us. He has a fake cough that is sort of a laugh. He will do the fake cough/laugh, then Lily will laugh, then Harrison repeats his fake cough/laugh. This can go on and on for a while and it's really cute to watch. Harrison also reached his foot rest on the high chair and started bouncing up and down. When he stopped I pretended to bounce and he started doing it again.

Randy and I have been getting "told" by Lily. For example, Randy was being a little noisy and Lily told him "You be quiet, baby is sleeping." Yesterday at the park Randy told Lily I was being mean to him (joking of course) to which Lily told me while pointing her finger "You don't be mean." After we've been told Randy and I get a good chuckle out of it and say "You got told by a 2 year old."

1 comment:

Dyar Baby Momma said...

Too cute!!!