Monday, April 14, 2008

Harrison update-
Harrison loves to play games like peekaboo and I'm going to get you. He will squeel and try to get away but his lack of mobility doesn't help. Speaking of mobility he has been a mover for a while now, not crawling, but spinning 360s and somehow getting from one end of the family room to the other. Over the past week he has been getting up on all fours and rocking. It's fun to see him advance but not so fun when he wakes us up at 4AM and find him in his crib on all fours rocking and fussing. He is still my cuddle bug and I even got to nap with him laying on my chest yesterday. When we are in public he flashes smiles for everyone which is in contrast to his super shy sister who barely acknowledges people's hellos. He mastered blowing raspberries and will make sounds while I pat his mouth.

Lily update-
Lily is a cute package of energy. She has the ability to jump straight out of bed and is ready to play, play, play. She now talks about monsters but I'm trying to keep them friendly, not scary. She adores her baby brother and will bring him toys without us asking and when she talks to him she has the biggest smile and talks in the highest voice possible. She even shares her blankie with him. She still loves gymnastics and we can't tell her we are going to gymnastics until it's time to put her coat on otherwise she asks to go every 2 minutes. She loves to use her stool (AKA stoolup) to wash her hands and bathe her water baby in the sink. She loves to dance and breaks out some impressive moves that sort of resemble break dancing mixed with ballet. One day she put her hands together over her head and said "I'm a ballerina." She is pretty girlie but at the same time won't pass up playing in the dirt.

Parent update-
Randy is busy remodeling the spare bathroom and I'm busy trying to organize a house. We have a lot to do in the next few months, some major changes ahead. The changes are very exciting but a little overwhelming to think about. About 3 weeks ago I was telling our friend that I was ready for a change. Something not sure what but I was feeling the need for change...hahaha I got what I asked for!

4 comments:

Becky said...

You certainly did get your wish! I know the next few months will be busy for you, but I think this will also be a very exciting time for you!

Renee said...

I'm out of the loop! Are you moving?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything!

And because you don't have enough to do - tag you're it.

http://www.dyarfamily.com/babyfoodblog/archives/220

Kelly