Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Crazy hip mama's recipe rally

Because I need help with blog topics I opted for the recipe rally today. We are supposed to post a favorite potato recipe. It took me a while to think of a favorite potato recipe until I remembered my twice baked potatoes. Delicious!

When I first started cooking it was difficult to get recipes from family members (my mom and mother-in-law;). They wouldn't use exact measurements and instead used approximate measurements or the "taste" measurement. As a new cook that was hard but now I've turned into that cook, the one who uses a big spoon and calls it a tablespoon or throws in extra brown sugar because you can never have too much brown sugar. :)

So from memory without any specific measurements here you go:

Twice baked potatoes

4 large potatoes
3/4 cup (ish) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup (ish) bacon bits
1/2 cup (ish) sour cream
1/4 cup (ish) milk
2 Tablespoons (ish) butter

Pierce potatoes with a fork and cook in the microwave for approximately 8 minutes or until middle is easily pieced with fork. Cut a oval shape on one side and remove potato while maintaining the skin in a boat shape. Mix potato, milk, butter, bacon bits, and cheese and spoon back into the potato skin boat. Sprinkle some cheese over the top and cook in the oven (350 degrees) until heated through, approximately 15 minutes.

Good luck with that recipe!

2 comments:

Liz Jimenez said...

Perfect! I'm totally making that tonight. I love twice-baked potatoes, but it never occurs to me to make them. Tonight's the night. :-)

Jenni said...

Oh that scares me! I hope it turns out for you!!!!!! It's really simple...just make yummy mashed potatoes but put the stuffing back in the skin.