Friday, April 10, 2009

I did it!!

I did it. I finally did it. This wasn't an April Fool's joke (unlike 2 April Fool's ago). This wasn't done on a dare. Or after 3 shots of Jägermeister. Okay, nowadays I would only require 1 shot. But still, this was a decision made by an unintoxicated mature woman.

Months ago, I hesitated to do this mostly because of an office job and being the wife of a professor. Well, my office job is now conveniently located in my house and the only person I see regularly between 8-5 is the FedEx man. He probably doesn't care about a nose piercing but rather is wondering what type of crazy pajama pants I'll be wearing. The other issue was being the wife of a new professor. This concern was axed during my first lunch with his faulty co workers and the female professor had a....nose piercing. YES! Besides Randy really didn't care anyway.

So I did it and it hurt like hell. But no regrets.

My conversation with Lily yesterday:

Lily: Whatcha doing?
Me: Cleaning my nose piercing.
Lily: Can I get a nose piercing?
Me: Gulp. Yes, you can. When you're 32.
Lily: Are you 32?
Me: Yes, I am.
Lily: Okay. Is poppa 32?
Me: Nope, he's 33.

Moral of story...Lily will be allowed to date, pierce, tattoo when she's 32 years old. And Randy will always be older than me.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Welcome to the nose piercing world! Etsy has some cute nose screws ( I prefer nose screws as they stay in better)....I just got a star shaped one! It looks adorable on you.
I hear you on holding out for one reason or another. Now that I don;t have to job hunt, I am planning on getting some purple highlights in my hair at some point....because I can.

Shauna Kathleen said...

OMG! That's so funny - I noticed at the Easter Egg Hunt and LOVED it! I even told Greg I wanted one - but one of my concerns is his job.....(like you said about Randy) I didn't say anything to you that day because I thought I must not have noticed it before...Where did you go to get it done??? If I ever decided to get one - would you go with me???!!! Love it!!!

Unknown said...

It looks great on you! I've thought about getting a belly button piercing but thought I should wait until Audrey won't pull on it! I think she's probably out of the pulling stage, maybe I'll get it someday soon... :-)

Josephine said...

I loooove it and want one too! Guess I should find my next job first, no?

Staci said...

Holy smokes! Fun! It looks great on you - I'm too wimpy to ever do piercings beyond my basic ear lobes.

I love the rules for Lily. 32 sounds like a good age for that sort of thing... of course, that means I'm still two weeks away from being allowed to do any of that myself. Oops :).

Heather said...

Looks fabulous! Glad you finally took the plunge. :)