Saturday, September 02, 2006

10 Months Old


Our little missy is now 10 months old and her first birthday is nearing. Hitting 10 months has brought about crawling and learning the word "no" which seems to go together with crawling quite easily. She loves to explore and doesn't sit still for very long. She likes to play with pots, pans and utensils. We bought her a walker that moves. She is pretty good about going backwards and figuring out how to go forward everyday. When she is headed for a plant or an electrical outlet (yes, of course, it's covered) and we tell her no, she looks at us and smiles. Then she tries again and when we say no again her smile fades just a little. Too avoid saying no too much we usually re-direct her at that point. The dog's water dish is another issue. It's located on the kitchen rug but repeatedly is a possible source of fun for Lily. When we forget to put it out of her reach and she spots in from across the room she will start crawling normally and when she is closer she will speed up, as if she knows she only has a few seconds to reach this pot of gold. As I grab her before she reaches it she squeals and laughs.

Biting is another issue. Biting me and another girl in day care. The day care kids tend to hug her and really get in her face all the time (they mean well). A 2 year old girl at day care learned the hard way to stay out of Lily's face. Lily bit her right on the cheek. Luckily the mom was very nice and said she had biting issues with her daughter too. We fixed the biting during breast feeding (ouch, yes, it really, really hurts) and changed from being around the TV and noise to a quiet room where I can focus more on her. The biting has stopped and I am able to focus a lot more on my baby. It probably helped that her 8th tooth broke through and there doesn't appear to be any more teeth coming...at this time anyway.

On the job front...I am changing jobs and found a nice job with great benefits. I had time off for the past few weeks and plan to start my new job on Tuesday. I have enjoyed my time at home and was able to be with Lily a lot. Since we still had to pay for day care I was also able to run errands, cook and clean while she hung out at day care. Thanks to Staci we ventured to the Denver zoo and Denver Children's Museum. We also visited Randy at work a few times and went to the library. Speaking of Randy, he has been incredibly busy with his rocket. Going to work early and leaving work late has been our story for the past few weeks. It will pay off soon, his launch is scheduled for November. Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly over the next few months.

I am hitting my own milestone tomorrow...the big 3-0. Yes, it's a little sad to leave my 20's but I won't dwell on it. Onto the next phase on my life and I look forward to it. Bring it on I say.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy birthday Jenni! I hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Heather said...

Happy late birthday, Jen! And thanks for the pictures. Lily is growing big so fast!