Friday, October 06, 2006

Superstitions

The bad ones I believe in include: walking under a ladder, opening an umbrella inside, breaking a mirror (but I don't believe it will cause 7 yrs of bad luck, maybe just one day), stepping on sidewalk cracks, etc. The good ones I believe in are: four leaf clovers, throwing salt over your shoulder when spilled, rain on your wedding day. Then there is the black cat superstition…if one crosses your path you will have bad luck. When I owned a black cat (sweet Holly) I laughed at this cuz there was no way to avoid her crossing my path. For the 9 years I owned her I had pretty good luck. But things have changed…I gave her away which may indicate even worse luck if a black cat crossed my path. Yesterday when a black cat crossed my path. I frantically searched for a white patch in the sea of black hair. Nothing…it was a black cat. Oh well, so far so good.

Superstitions are more interesting at this time cuz it’s Halloween. Scary things are fun, kind of. Anyhow it leads to my next story…a ghost story. I’ve encountered a ghost and will be forever changed. When I was a teen, around 16, I cleaned the bank my mom worked at in our very small town. It was a ½ a block from my parent’s home and I cleaned on the weekend. One day I was “cleaning” or maybe I was reading a magazine (that part is fuzzy to me for some reason!) but I heard 2 voices, a male and female, that were having a conversation. It was coming from the vent overhead. I was the only person in that bank, it was impossible for anyone else to be there. It still gives me chills and my arm hair is standing up right now. It was a normal conversation, nothing scary. I was frozen for a minute but when I regained mobility I ran from that bank and immediately told my mom. She reassured me I wasn’t crazy because she had heard voices too. So that’s my ghost story, luckily it’s a friendly one. This has changed me forever because I will believe any ghost story out there. I won’t laugh it off cuz I know my experience was real. My friend, Mel and her sister claim they saw a UFO. I believe you, Mel!!!

My baby…Lily is getting so big. She is so much fun. Our night routine has become even crazier with her earlier bed time routine. Once she became more active she was tired quicker. It’s nice for the rest of the evening but when I get off work until she goes to bed…it’s crazy. Having 2 dogs that are vying for attention doesn’t help a whole lot. After the dogs are released to do their thing and satisfied with treats and Lily is fed, cleaned up and in bed…it’s time to party. Not really, by this time I am completely worn out but usually muster up some energy to prep for the next day. Anyhow for the 45 minutes dedicated to play, after dinner before bed, we have fun. She is practically running in her walker. She is pulling up on everything and it doesn’t have to have a ledge. She will pull up on the fridge and now is into climbing. I took a photo of her standing in the fridge, yes, I said IN the fridge. It was on my phone so you all don’t get to see it. Sorry. Here are some other photos to satisfy the Lily cravings…



It's a silly picture and makes me laugh every time I look at it.

No comments: