Monday, March 09, 2009

About a boy

Harrison...

1.) Loves books. When I'm fixing dinner we can always find him quietly sitting by the bookshelf in the living room with a pile of books sprawled around him. He pulls each book out, flips through the pages, studies the pictures, then repeats over and over until all 500 books have been scattered.

2.) Loves his blue crocheted blanket. His Grandma Kim made it for him a while ago and it's always been in his bed but his recent love for it is now noticeable. He will bring it downstairs and now it goes to daycare. Today he played hide and seek with it while I was buckling Lily into her car seat. Then he reached it across the aisle so Lily could hold it too.

3.) Loves to throw his plate. This occurs about 2-3 times a day. Always at the end of a meal. Yes, I know I should learn but he's so fast.

4.) Has long, hippy hair. We can't decide what to do with it. He has big curls in the back, which I have a hard time cutting off, but his hair is always in his eyes. He doesn't care since he doesn't know any difference. Occasionally he gets called a girl but he's constantly surrounded by princess accessories and still loves trucks so I think he's secure in his boyhood. Not that it would matter if he did chose sparkly tiaras over dump trucks. :)

5.) Loves to stack items from the pantry and fridge. Frequently I find him stacking yogurt containers. Whenever I try to stack blocks he knocks them down immediately. I seriously want to build a magnificent castle but can't get 2 stories high with this boy around.

6.) Loves to watch a video of Lily...it's about a 10 second clip and she says "Momomomonster truck" and he laughs over and over.

7.) Likes his crib and will point to it after reading stories. It's like "Mom, thanks for the kisses and hugs but I'm tired, please let me go to bed."

8.) Puts every kind of toy into his mouth. Whether it be a hard wooden block or the tiniest shoe that belongs to Lily's princess doll, it immediately goes to his mouth. After I warn him and he does it again I take the toy away and he'll put his finger in his mouth...I'm like "Dude, fine with me."

9.) Has a love/dislike relationship with the bath. Sometimes he screams when we get him out sometimes he screams when we put him in.

10.) His favorite hobby is tied to #1 but instead of "reading" books to himself it would be cuddling in our laps and reading a book. His favorites right now are "Trucks Roll!", "Cuddle," "Where the Wild Things Are," "When Momma Comes Home Tonight."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! What a great update. I'm two months out from meeting our new little one. I can't wait to find out about its personality (I can guarantee from the level of kicking that this one has a LOT of personality.)

Unknown said...

This is a great posting... over the weekend I asked Luke & Audrey about their favorite things, I just need to get it on the blog now. I bet you could just cut in some bangs on Harrison and leave the back alone. It doesn't seem long enough in the back to be called a girl!

erbiegirl said...

It's cool to get a little "background" about Harrison. Romy will also look at book after book until they are all out of the bookcase. She also loves tupperware and taking things in and out. When i stack blocks it frustrates the heck out of her. I do love the fact that she loves books! David Kirk books are her fav!