Monday, March 30, 2009

Lily's Easter dress

Because completing this project felt as good as winning an academy award (or what I think it would feel like) I would like to take a moment to thank...

Randy-for allowing me almost an entire Sunday to work on this dress and for helping me when I was frustrated...those darn right sides together throw me for a loop everytime.

Lily-for modeling the top, the skirt, the length and for playing Cinderella with me but never once asking me to stop sewing...we just played while I sewed.

Harrison-for intermittently checking on me in the cold, dark room in the basement and for playing so well by yourself with your cars and dump trucks.

Staci-for pushing me to complete 1 Easter dress while knowing you're sewing 4!

Asha-for introducing me to Portabello Pixie patterns and for inspiring me with your natural sewing talent.

Aunt Susie-for making many holiday dresses for me when I was growing up...I know you're watching from above and I hope your proud!

5 comments:

Liz Jimenez said...

Cuuuuuuute! Alright, now I want to sew some dresses. Even though my daughter doesn't wear them. :-)

Asha said...

GREAT JOB!!!! It looks amazing!!

Staci said...

That dress is awesome, Jenni! Nice work. And congrats on getting it done. It feels so good to complete a project like that, when it seems like life has a million other plans for your time, right? I've got three down, and just the smallest left to go!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is awesome and looks complicated! You're inspiring me to make Audrey a dress! I'm going to check out the patterns you suggested, I tend to pick ones out that are too complicated and end up asking my Mom to make it!

Anonymous said...

sooo pretty! Now you just need to make Harrison a matching tie. ;)