Monday, March 13, 2006

This past weekend was filled with really hard work. Our new bamboo floors don't lay themselves! A lot of pieces needed to be cut to fit around corners just right. It was so hard and strenuous. Or at least that what it looked like! Lily and I shopped while Randy and his friends installed our new floors. I had it pretty rough. heehee. I am very lucky to have a husband that likes to do things around the house. And the icing on the cake is that he does an excellent job! Thanks baby!

Lily is a wonderful shopping assistant. She slept most of the time but when she was awake she was very happy. When she slept I kept the stroller and car seat covers over her to keep out the mall germs as much as possible. A sales lady asked to peek at her so I pulled back the cover and Lily flashed her an enormously sweet smile. The sales lady said it made her day.

Might sound a little strange but I was excited to feed Lily at the mall. Staci had told me about Nordstrom's nursing lounge and I wanted to see for myself. When I first entered I sat down in a really nice area with a few sofas. I was getting ready to change Lily when I noticed a sign indicating the nursing lounge was in another room. The designated nursing lounge had a sofa and 2 nice chairs and was out of the way of normal bathroom traffic. Plus there was a nice diaper changing area with a sink. It was everything I heard of and more. I never shop there since I don't have $100 to spend on a t-shirt but I will be back to feed my baby there. Hopefully they won't catch on to my secret. I do shop at Nordstrom Rack but don't know if that counts.


Lily's head control is getting better everyday. We decided to try out her walker chair thingy. Not sure what the appropriate name to call this thing is but she likes it. Thanks Grandma McG. for buying it!

We also can put her in the baby bjorn facing out. This is nice since she loves to see everyone. She is also getting a little too social when breastfeeding. She will be eating well, hear a voice and stop and look around for a few minutes. Then back to business until she hears another sound, stops and looks around again. Our feeding times are getting longer and longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

I was a huge fan of Nordstrom when I was still nursing Miranda for exactly the reasons you describe. Their junior section has relatively cheap t's (around $12) and between that and their shoe sales I do try to get something there once in a while as a way of saying "thanks for supporting moms". But I think shopping at the Rack definitely counts!

And I can't wait to see your new floors!