Thursday, March 09, 2006

We got to meet Connor last weekend. He is so cute and very tiny. Lily is twice his size! It will be fun to see them grow up together, being so close in age. My mom has been planning Christmas 2006 since she found out she would have 2 grandbabies. The more I think of it I get excited too. Lily will be over a year and Connor will be 10 months. It will be fun to see them open presents and interact together.

We also visited with all of our family. Even my cousin, Erin, from OH was there. My in-laws live about 15 minutes from my parents so we get to see everyone. Most visits are crazy busy with us driving all over visiting as many family members and friends as possible in 2-3 days. But this visit was different in a very nice way. Everyone came to us! Thank you everyone! We still ran around a little, trying to get equal Lily time between the families but it was worth it. Lily did great on the drive to IA/SD. We left at 10PM and she woke up around her normal morning feeding time which was around Omaha. She ate, we stopped and changed her diaper, let her stretch, then she fussed for 10 minutes and went back to sleep. We planned to drive back to CO on Sunday but left Saturday night instead. Very happy we decided that. I imagine from now on our trips to visit family will be during the night. Sleepy baby is much better than fussy baby. Would you want to sit in a car seat for 9 hours? I wouldn't. I have also mastered the breast pump while traveling. Makes me even happier with our mini van purchase. Haha, I hear the mini van laughs out there. Just wait, I was laughing with you at one time. Mini vans ROCK!

Lily had her 4 month vaccinations yesterday. She was supposed to get them 2 weeks ago but was sick. She did great! I expected a repeat of her 2 month shots where she arched her back, looked directly in my face with that what are you doing to me look. Then was pretty fussy that night. Not this time! She cried for the 3rd and 4th shot but only for a minute. The rest of the night she was happy baby.

During our trip to SD I got to visit with my dear old friends, Kerry and Melissa. I'm not implying they are old in age rather old in terms of how long we have known each other. We can't recall when we first met. Pictures show us together as babies. We all lived on "Kid's Street" in our 500 person town. I have so many stories of the 3 of us that I could post daily for 20 years. Kerry has a 4 year old daughter, Karigan. Karigan is a mini-Kerry, same personality and little quirks. Karigan loved to hold and play with Lily and Lily enjoyed her too. Melissa also has a daughter, Gracie Mae, 7 months old. Gracie was very interested in Lily and Lily was very interested in Gracie's toys! We try to get together yearly for a girl weekend. The first trip was 2 years ago to MN. It was very memorable, at least I think!??! I clearly remember flying back to Denver with a major hang over, keeping the vomit bag close by. Poor Mel (heehee)was working that weekend with her dance studio. She had to wake up early and instruct her teams. Wouldn't have been that awful if we didn't stay up until 4AM drinking and acting like teens ourself. I think one day Mel had to coach at 7AM. Ouch. Last year we met at Kerry's house. We shopped a ton, had a spa day and hung out with Karigan. She introduced us to Free Willy, over and over again. What still blows my mind is that she still watches that movie! This year we will hang out with all of our girls, maybe get in a little shopping but no spa days or karoke bars. Can you see the progression as we get older? From wild drunken weekends to hanging with our kids. None of us would trade that for the world. Plus we always have our MN memories. Don't worry Mel, if you forget like you're known to do, Kerry and I will remind you. :)

I've decided to post pictures!! Yay!! As Staci says "A blog without pictures is one boring blog" or something like that. Probably shouldn't have used quotes, oh well.

I figure pictures like this will keep my readers interested!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the Minn trip clearly, I was exhausted and felt like shit every morning while you two slept in till noon. Bitches! My Minn trip has never been good. Flu and pregnant last year, and new baby this year. This year was probably the best, physically:) I can't wait till our next girls trip, and I really mean girls, all 6 of us. Too crazy!

Staci said...

I'll give you credit for the quote. I can't remember what I wrote myself, so I wouldn't expect anyone else to :).

Glad you had a great trip. I'm still waiting for our families to start coming to us for trips to save us the effort. I'm very jealous.

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha! That crazy Randy and his crazy antics. Oh wait, you didn't write about him today. Oh well, he's pretty cool anyways.

Anonymous said...

Loved the picture of Lily and the stories about your trip! We've talked my folks into coming to CO this spring to get their Miranda fix, and Matt's folks will be here next week, so we're having some success with getting the families to come to us. We drove through the night a few times while getting ready to move from AZ, and both Matt and I were total zombies afterwards!

Jenni said...

Heather, That's the bad part of driving through the night. We are pretty good about staying awake or informing each other when we need to switch drivers. It works out well once we get to IA since our families want to watch Lily so we can sleep. Not so much fun coming back to CO. I was in zombie mood most of the day.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny and I love seeing pictures of my beautiful granddaughter even if I have seen them a thousand times they still make me smile.