Wednesday, June 20, 2007

20 Months Old!

Our little girl is 20 months old today. It's so crazy to think back to 20 months ago and how much our lives have changed. In a good way. As she gets older she becomes more and more entertaining. Her little personality is emerging more everyday. When she says "mama" or "poppa" we melt. Her little voice is so sweet. She will repeat anything we ask her to. Last night she told Grandma McG. "luv uw" a few times. She also tried saying happy birthday but it didn't come out as clear. She still loves playing with her baby dolls. Yesterday she wanted to open one of her boxed cabbage patch dolls that have sat on her floor since she was born. Not sure what made yesterday the day to add to her doll collection. Last weekend we spent some time with my friend, Kris, and her girls, Syd, Taryn, and Brooke. While I was giving Brooke a bottle Lily helped by putting her hand on the bottle and smiling. It was nice she didn't get jealous that I was holding another baby. I'm hoping her mama instincts will help once her brother arrives. In the meantime we are enjoying our time together as much as possible. This time is so special and is limited. I know she won't remember it but each time she hugs me and kisses me I am reminded she loves me. After we read our bedtime books and I sing to Lily she will reach her little arms around my neck and hug me. That is the best feeling in the world. I love you Lily.

2 comments:

Staci said...

{sniff sniff} That just made me really sad that I'm not there to see her. Nathaniel said she's WAY bigger than when we left!

Anonymous said...

Happy 20 months Lily! that just made me even more excited about seeing my little one and getting to know him/her. Children are a blessing and should be cherished. Jenni, Randy...you do a great job at cherishing!!