Friday, June 22, 2007

The Grandparent Fix

I was talking to my mom-in-law and she said how grateful she was for the Lily pictures I put on my blog. I could tell by the tone in her voice she was more than grateful because they don't live close and this is their connection to Lily. Photos are the only way to convey Lily growing up. That is the main reason I started my blog, to communicate frequently with family and friends and get them as many pictures of Lily as I could. My side of the family also tells me how much they like seeing and hearing about our lives. We aren't that interesting to the general public but it's special to me that my family can check in on us 612 miles away.

Randy was just telling me how much space (20 gigs out of 60) was being used for Lily photos. I believe photographs are of extreme importance. Randy has also taught me that not everyone moment can be photographed and the importance of the moment is more meaningful than missing that precious moment to grab the camera. Based on my taking many photos and trying to also live in the moment you can tell we have quite a few moments. I have recently looked back to a year ago or longer and am reminded of a place we visited or a silly face Lily used to make but doesn't anymore. It saddens me that I will not remember every single minute of Lily's life. Photos are my way of keeping these moments precious and alive in my memory.

To provide the grandparents with their Lily fix for the week here are some recent photos...















































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

still loving that cheese! i love that you keep your blog current...i love that you blog. i love that you got me into blogging. now that i am so far away from my friends...it is the perfect way to keep in touch! and, to tell you the truth, there are more people than i think who actually read my blog all the time. it's wonderful! it's important to me ad fun for everyone else.