Monday, June 18, 2007

We have one sensitive little girl. Lily is starting to show her sensitivity a lot more these days. For example, the daycare lady asked Lily to come out from under the table because she didn't want the little boy sitting at the table to kick Lily in the head. Lily replied with sticking her bottom lip out as far as possible and with huge tears in her eyes as if she had done something horribly wrong. Yesterday at the mall playground a girl (approximately 4 or 5 years old) dropped a toy right next to Lily. When Lily reached to pick it up the girl loudly shouted "NO!" and grabbed her toy away from Lily's hand. Lily looked to Randy and I with her lip starting to shake and huge tears welting up in her eyes. This reaction, of course, breaks my heart. These are 2 completely different situations and if she is in the line of getting hurt I can handle seeing her lip extend and some tears. But when a mean, little girl is rude and causes this reaction I don't like it. It still breaks my heart when I am reminded of her reaction.

Father's Day was fun but similar to many other days. I wanted to prepare a nice, hot breakfast for Randy but he insisted on doing the cooking. Then he proceeded to mow the lawn and fix his boat motor. Not the relaxing type of day I envisioned for him. He did get two Father's Day gifts...





I'm not big into video games but I have to say Guitar Hero II is very addictive. I'd also like to say I jammed out really hard but Randy would would dismiss this notion rather abruptly. I tried, that's about all I can say. Our first encounter with Guitar Hero II occured a few months ago during our date day. (Date day=skipping work and leaving child at daycare). Anyhow, while in Best Buy I decided to try this guitar game and I was pretty bad. There might have been some booing (from the game of course and not other customers) and the screen might have flashed the word FAILED across it. Randy picked it up and went through an entire song as if he played this game many, many, many times before. I was a bit shocked and had to capture the moment...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a girl after my own heart. wait til she learns to use that bottom lip to get exactly what she wants.

Do you have a Wii? Wei? whatever...?