Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A bunch of croc

Lily loves hot pink croc-like shoes. A girl at daycare has some and every morning for the past few months she immediately discards her shoes and puts on the hot pink crocs upon arriving at daycare. It's taken a while for Randy and I to warm up to the idea of buying croc-like shoes because they are invading the earth at warp speed. Lily has outgrown her current sandals and needs a new pair. So I have given up my croc restriction in order to find hot pink crocs in toddler size 4/5. Sounds easy enough, right? I mean, they are EVERYWHERE. From Walmart to the real croc kiosk in the mall. But once you set limits (color and size) the discovery of this specific shoe turns from shopping to hunting.

Last weekend Lily and I set out for the mall to buy hot pink crocs. Payless was out, even the croc store was out. Finally we found some in her size at Dillards. They were the Mary Jane style with wild colors. At first my eyes burned from all the colors and when the saleslady said they were great cuz they would match every outfit I shivered. But when I saw those shoes on my toddler's feet they weren't so bad, actually pretty cute. Because Lily had thrown a fit at the 2 previous stores when we left without any shoes and I was beyond fryed I decided to buy them. $32 later that is. I knew this was silly, the last 2 pairs of shoes I bought for myself totaled $6.50. Those were some great sales but still, how can I spend that much on something she will outgrow very soon? I couldn't even use the excuse that we can pass them down to baby boy cuz, well, the colors were a bit girlie, very girlie, and as already mentioned---wild.

After checking out other Walmarts, Payless stores and then calling approximately 12 stores I found them, hot pink fake crocs in Lily's size. Yay! What was even better than finally finding a store in the Denver metro area that had these shoes was getting ready to pay the $13 but find out they only cost $5.



That's my croc story. Long and annoying, but ended well.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I live in my crocs! I have 3 pair of regukar crocs.. blue, green and pink.. one pair of red mickey mouse crocks and my all time favorite air are my black mary jane crocs. I'm glad you found a bargain...you should get yourself a pair.. ah sweet comfort!

Anonymous said...

persistence paid off! literally! nothing better than satisfying that little girl!