Monday, July 30, 2007

No baby yet! Part II

Our weekend was spent hanging with our friend, Ted. Ted is a big nerd and feels he needs to thank us constantly for our help/friendship. Because I have a blog and he doesn't I can tell him, via the world, that he's a dork for thinking this. We love you Ted and enjoy your company. Now, get a job and move back to CO. K?

On Sunday, Randy went to work and Lily and I joined my sis/bro-in-law and another friend at the Cherry Creek reservoir. My sis-in-law and her friend are training for a sprint triathlon and they needed to get experience swimming in open water. Lily had a blast playing in the sand. She spent the first hour filling up a pail with sand and finally ventured to see what the water was about. I tried really hard to make a sand castle but every time I got a standing tower it was destroyed by a laughing toddler. Lily took my hand and we walked around in the water for a bit. She didn't mind the waves until one splashed her face, probably giving her a nasty taste of the water. Then she just moved back a bit and started playing with the wet sand, flinging it everywhere. We ended our time with a nice picnic while watching other swimmers and boaters.

While I was giving myself a manicure Lily found a pale pink nail polish and handed it to me, asking to paint her nails. Reluctantly (knowing Randy wasn't completely down with this) I painted her big toes. When she wanted all of them painted I told her we'd have to see what papa thought first. Ya know...lure him in a little at a time. Immediately when Randy walked in the door Lily was trying to get her feet out from under the table (she was supposed to be eating dinner). It was pretty funny that she knew to show him but even more funny that she had to do it the minute he walked in the door. No one, not even her papa, can resist the cuteness of pink toe nails.

3 comments:

Staci said...

What?! Lily's almost two and she's never had her toenails painted? I'm guessing that means not her fingernails, either. Wow. You guys are strict parents.

:)

Anonymous said...

you guys should think about vacationing at the beach with us next summer! Lily would have a blast at a big open beach!

Heather said...

I think pink toenails are essential parts of girlhood. :)