Wednesday, July 04, 2007

We've had a busy few days. Last Thursday our friends, Zach and Jeanette, brought their 19 month old son, Jack, to visit. We had a blast and Lily and Jack interacted much more this time than last time. Last March when we visited them in IL Jack and Lily looked at each other a handful of times but otherwise played separately. This time they seemed a lot more interested in each other and even shared a rice krispie treat. We explored a local park for playtime and a picnic, the guys went white water rafting and the pregos took the kids to the Butterfly Pavilion. It was our first time there and I was quite impressed, especially with the bug room. The butterfly part was really humid and I wasn't a huge fan of the warmth. A butterfly did land on my hat and another guy had a butterfly enjoy his beard.

Nettie being brave.
















I put aside my fears and held Rosie, the tarantula, to show Lily I can be a big girl.
















Jeanette trying to get the kiddos to see a butterfly up close.
















Lily and Jack
















One night the adults enjoyed a nice, relaxing dinner with CA Dave and Sara who live in South Denver. We enjoyed tapas at a fun resturant/bar that had some really loud music. Baby boy was practicing for the circus cuz he never stopped moving the entire dinner. The next day I actually felt bruised on the inside. I hope he enjoyed the music rather than was completely annoyed with it.

Saturday my mom arrived for a visit. We haven't seen her since Christmas so it was nice for Lily to be around her. The first couple days Lily was nice and sweet but she definitely showed her approaching-terrible-two stage. My mom watched Lily while we worked one day and the next day we journeyed to the zoo. It was hard to get Lily away from the elephants.

No grandparent visit goes without spoiling Lily and this visit was no different. Lily loved her new pajamas and of course a new baby doll is always a hit.















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kudos on the tarantula holding! i love snakes and other sorts of creepy crawly things but EEEWWWWW spiders! holy crap eeeewwwww! Glad you had such a fabulous weekend!!!

Jenni said...

I know you love snakes (i.e. your tatoo!) and I'm terrified of them. Or was...I recently decided I need to get over my fear so I don't pass it onto Lily. It's not the big snakes but the garter snakes that slither through the grass as I walk by. Ewwww!! At the zoo there was a statue of a snake on a rock and I jumped. It's going to take a while to get over my fear but I'm determined. :)