Wednesday, July 25, 2007

No Baby Yet!

I have to remind myself to answer the phone and probably title all my blog posts with this message---NO BABY YET. When we were pregnant with Lily the final weeks were filled with frequent phone calls and they all started out with someone asking if we had the baby yet. Like we wouldn't tell ya.

Had a OB appointment yesterday that was routine. Baby boy continues to measure 1-2 weeks ahead and his heart rate was good. My first internal check revealed I am 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced. Nothing to get too excited about but at least it's something.

I continue to have 5-10 braxton hicks contractions daily. Again, nothing to get too excited about since it's only a very light tightening. But occasionally I have regular light contractions, every 3-5 minutes for a few hours straight. I do think my body is preparing and getting ready. I did get camera batteries, pjs, diapers and wipes last night. My lovely sister in law is washing some baby clothes for me. It's all coming together nicely.

Tonight is my work party. My work has impressed me in many ways, from their wonderful benefit package to multiple ways they help out the community. Instead of the usual summer work picnic or baseball game my company is taking all of their employees to Corteo, a Cirque du Soleil performance. Randy and I have never been to a Cirque performance and I'm very excited! Plus it's a date night without a toddler. Thankfully the toddler will tucked nicely into her bed, dreaming of toddler things and won't notice her parents away, enjoying their time together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think 60% effaced and 1 cm dialated is indeed something to get excited about. I was in labor for more than 24 hours & still not 1 cm dialated! So, you are doing very well. The baby is so close! I can't wait to meet him!

Carolyn

Liz Jimenez said...

I'm right there with you. I almost don't want to call people to say hi, because I know they freak out when they see me on the caller ID. I have to start every conversation with "hi, I'm still pregnant." :-)

Staci said...

Jenni! I'm so excited for you! This post reminded me how really close you are to that second baby being in your arms! The distance makes it hard for me to keep that constant reminder going. I'm thinking of you and wishing you all the best in the coming days or weeks or whatever it may be. I can't wait to see and (eventually) meet the new baby boy!