Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Red head kills Harry over Hermaine love triangle

Of course I'm joking, I have no clue. I just had to respond to the Harry Potter craziness that surrounds me and seems to follow me every where I go. From my darling husband who has been taking his precious time to savor every bit of information to my boss who finished it the same weekend she received it to my friend Staci who mentioned it on her blog. It's everywhere. I didn't even mention my sister in law and her friend who couldn't stop talking about it while swimming last Sunday. In case you can't tell I'm not into Harry Potter. The last movie I saw in the theater, maybe the 2nd one, I fell asleep. I don't know how many movies have been released, maybe 4?? I know the 7th and final (hallelujah!!!) book was just released, leading to the recent HP madness. I'm not annoyed but rather amazed by the excitement. People don't sleep until they finish reading it. Others dress up and have parties to celebrate the book release at midnight. It's great people have such deep love for something, but I can still giggle at the thought of all the muggles dressing up with lightening bolts on their foreheads with capes and wands.

In other news...Lily is crazy. I have to keep with the crazy theme that I started this post with. She will seriously run from room to room screaming at the top of her lungs. It's funny cuz she knows how goofy she is so when she stops screaming to take a breath and notices Randy and I staring at her in disbelief she will start laughing. She loves to hide. She will hide from us and the dogs. Usually she will hide under the covers but occasionally she will hide under a hand towel that covers about 1/2 of her face. Did I mention she's goofy? The past weekend she started to say "come on" with this super cute look on her face like she's serious and has our best interests in mind. She will hold out her hand and repeat her instructions in an innocent voice, never commanding. Usually she leads us into the closet to show us the random household items she collected...a rain poncho, binkie, mama's shoes, rocks, etc.

Lily's first swim lesson was last weekend. It's a parent/toddler class so I got my big, prego belly in the pool with her. At first, the big group of kids/parents seemed to overwhelm her but after 5 minutes she became more comfortable. I was happily surprised with the swim class. It gave me some suggestions to try at our community pool. I was most impressed when Lily grabbed a kickboard and kicked away for a while, with my help to stay afloat of course.

Due to some recent house renovations I haven't been able to prepare much for baby boy. Finally, last night I found the energy and set up shop in our bedroom. Since he will reside in our room for a while I set up the changing table and organizer unit. I got the car seat out of storage. I have about 2 loads of laundry to clean and organize then I should feel more ready. I started to pack my hospital bag but mostly have my list of necessities in my head. Need batteries for camera, comfy pajamas, pillow, ipod, toiletries, etc. For the past 9 months I have expected him to arrive later like his sister but there has been a substantial increase in daily reminders that I won't make it to my due date. Even though I'm ready to hold him and introduce him to Lily I still need about a week. Hang in there baby boy.

1 comment:

Staci said...

This just made me laugh, because I read it after posting tonight about more Harry Potter excitement :). I sure hope that your title has nothing to do with how it will really turn out, but I haven't finished the book yet, so I don't know!