Thursday, December 07, 2006

Fried (not in terms of yummy food)

My brain is fried. Frazzled. Fatigued. SuperWal-Mart. I went there for the 2nd day in a row over my lunch break. Why was I sooooo stupid to return, knowing that place drove me bonkers yesterday? I had to pick up a prescription that they were holding hostage. Never again will I get a prescription via Wal-Mart. I feel my blood pressure rising just recalling my experience. Here goes…went directly to pharmacy counter, waited 10 minutes while new hire was busy finding old man’s prescription that another co-worker put in the wrong place, 5 minutes later co-worker started laughing and pointed to where he put the prescription…finally it’s my turn…when the new hire tells me I need a consult. Another one. I had one yesterday with a snooty, know-it-all tech. She’s coming at me, the same snooty, know-it-all tech…to consult me on how to open my eye and administer eye drops. She about dropped dead when I told her I didn’t have any allergies. In a very snooty, know-it-all sort of way, she lectured me that this drug was for allergies. She COULD NOT give me this drug without consulting my eye Dr. I left to do some grocery shopping when I hear my name over the loud speaker. I go directly back to the pharmacy. And wait in line, again. The snooty, know-it-all tech said the medication WAS for allergies and itchy eyes. Whatever, I wanted out of there. But did I get to leave? No. I had to get into another line and wait. I was thrilled when they told a lady in front of me to go to another window for a consult. I thought to myself, ha sucker, got your place in line. I was ecstatic when I didn’t have to pay at the pharmacy register. I did cartwheels out of there. I went on with my grocery shopping. But…I was in a very annoyed mood. And the sloooooowwwww people that either take up the entire aisle or stop suddenly did not help. I’m afraid I mumbled quite a bit about their lacks of aisle manners, mostly to myself.

I don’t have allergies or itchy eyes but I do have some rather large bumps under my eye lid. It feels really good after a 10 hour day of wearing contacts. Good as if small pebbles rubbing your eye ball every time you blink feels good. I will be contact free (due to horrible eye sight, my glasses are my new ward- robe accessory) for some time. Plus I will use my eye drops. For allergies and itching, of course.

Sorry for the rather negative post. I’m not usually a dark side blogger but I need to let some steam off. I feel much better.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Shoppers who park their carts in the middle of the aisle while they deliberate over something drive me CRAZY. I've started my grocery/ holiday shopping uberearly on weekend mornings to avoid these people as they start to come out of the woodwork about 10 a.m. Last weekend at Target I was tempted to pick Christmas lights for a couple because I got blocked in an aisle between them and a mother with three out-of-control kids. No one would move their carts even after I said "excuse me." I finally just moved the cart for them and went past (I was so tempted to shove it into the man's leg!). Anyway, my sympathies on your prescription difficulties.