Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Last night was our 2nd Christmas celebration with Joy and family. The Nintendo DS dog game wasn’t such a big deal since Payton has the system. Now Kelsey has to be nice to him if she’s wants to use it. Until she gets hers…if she’s nice in Santa’s eyes. The kids seemed to enjoy their gifts and were thankful for them. Years ago, after I started making big bucks (yeah right, okay, making more than while employed at Orange Julius) we spent more money on the kid’s presents. I had so much fun shopping and getting lots of presents for each of them. Then as they tore through paper and tossed aside each present to open the next one…they asked in sheer horror “is that it?” They were too young to fully comprehend there is actually be an end to presents but it was an eye opener for me. It doesn’t matter how many gifts you give, it’s the giving that matters. I don’t believe you need to break the bank each year just to give your children as much as possible or everything they ask for. I actually think that is very sad. As a parent, I know I want the best for Lily. But I also know there are limits and some limits are good to impose. Anyhow, it was good to see the kid’s saying thank you and being happy with what they received.

Here is Lily from this morning….eating chex before being whisked away to day care…

No comments: