Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Enjoying every moment

People frequently say that kids grow up too quicky or they regret not enjoying their children more. I am taking this advice to heart. Everyday matters. Every smile matters. That is my goal...to make my children smile. I just want them to know they are loved and feel it everyday.

Our latest evening activity is exploring new play grounds. Randy is still busy writing his thesis and this keeps him from our evening routine and will for the next few months. After I pick up Lily from daycare we find a new play ground in our area. We have been to 4 different play grounds in the past 4 explorations. It's very important to find a play ground that is appropriate for Lily's age. A few play grounds don't have bars her level to assist with walking, or the stairs are too big that she can't crawl up herself, or the slides are built for older kids. One play ground had a bridge to cross and the first few times she held onto my hand while crossing. She would reach up for my finger before stepping on the bridge. Then she starting getting gutsy and decided to use the bar instead of my finger. She seemed very proud of herself.

Lily is starting to put multiple words together. She will ask "where is it?" or "where did it go?" Today she was looking at a flap book and she would ask "where is the baby?" while holding her palms up to exaggerate the question. Once she finds the missing object she will respond with "there it is."

Last Sunday (Mother's Day) Lily and I went to the zoo. Randy had 2 frisbee games so he couldn't come along. We left early morning to try to beat the rush and the heat. Lily loved it. She loved seeing the animals and would wave good bye to each one as we moved onto the next area. She walked on her own for a while but would request to get back into the stroller when her little legs tired out. We ate lunch in a shady spot while some squirrels chased each other and birds chirped. She was a very happy child that day. The whole day. She was constantly smiling and offered up many hugs and kisses. She took a great afternoon nap. I relaxed and Randy napped too. After she woke up we shared a fruit smoothie and hung out on the front step. For dinner we ordered a pizza. The entire day was awesome. I hope I always remember how wonderful it felt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

perfect day!!