Friday, May 18, 2007

I was directed to a website (for fun only) to get an idea what to expect about my labor. Check it out...

Your labor prediction quiz results are below.....

"I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 7.7 pounds and that your labor will be about 7 hours long."

Of course I'm not surprised this website thinks my baby will be late. I pretty much think the same thing because Lily was late. I will prepare my hospital bag before the due date just in case. It's all so unknown and I have to give up any expectation of control. It's not happening. I am happily surprised to hear the weight prediction. I was a little over 8 pounds and Lily was shy of 8 pounds. My OB has already said boys tend to be bigger than girls and our boy is measuring ahead of the game already. I'm hoping he isn't over 9 pounds but by the time we know how much he weighs the damage will already be done (so to speak). If I found out he weighed 9 pounds or greater before I delivered then I'd be sweating bullets.

Speaking of the little guy he was very active during my day long meeting today. It's hard to focus on people talking when my belly is twitching and moving all around. Thankfully he stayed quiet during my presentation. Probably because I talked about my job responsibilities and it bored him to sleep. My job isn't boring to me but when I briefly describe my job to other people (who ask about it) I have to keep it short and sweet. Otherwise people start to look away or excuse themselves for another drink. I don't have the same basketball size abdominal oozing wound stories I once had. That story was a dandy and I'm stopping myself from describing the ooze. Although if anyone asks I'll share.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Pah. 9 pounds isn't so bad. :)