Friday, May 25, 2007

You win some you lose some

Our favorite TV shows have come to their season finales. I voted for (before hearing my mother in law's request--we were totally on the same page) Apolo and Julianne to win Dancing with the Stars. I didn't consistently watch the show but I saw them perform a few times and loved them. I always loved watching Apolo during the Olympics. And they won, so I won. But...I also voted for Blake to win American Idol. And I lost this one. I hope he goes on to have an amazing career because he will always have a fan in me. I tried to be like Blake and was beat boxing for Lily. She told me to stop.


Today is my sister in law, Joy's, birthday. We are both the only girls amongst our brothers and the middle child. Because neither of us have a sister we formed a strong bond right away...almost 13 years ago. I remember meeting her for the first time. I was at Randy's parents house during the day after we just starting dating, maybe 1 or 2 weeks. Joy came in with her son, Payton, who was just a few months old. She was beautiful, young, carefree, and laughed at everything. If you don't know Joy she is the type of person that makes you feel welcome IMMEDIATELY. Her personality is amazing and she is full of energy. She has raised 3 amazing kids and has over came many obstacles many people her age haven't even faced. Happy Birthday Joy!!

Our weekend plans are pretty boring--which is PERFECT! Tonight we are taking Joy to dinner for her birthday. Tomorrow we might check out the Boulder Creek Festival and run a couple errands. Sunday will be chore day and hopefully we can make some head room on the spare room. Monday will be a relaxing day for Lily and I but I think Randy will be working. Maybe we will go to the zoo with our snazzy zoo pass. It's fun not having set plans and flying by the seat of our pants.

No comments: