Wednesday, May 09, 2007

New JM approved treatment for headaches

Playing with your children!

As I was leaving work yesterday I noticed my neck was all tense and the feeling extended into the back of my head, causing a pounding headache. On the drive to daycare I kept imaging Randy left his thesis work early and was waiting at home to take over Lily duties so I could sleep. As I left daycare with Lily in a mad rush to avoid being manhandled by multiple little hands that were touching my belly and grabbing Lily's legs my headache only increased in intensity. Five minutes later I opened the garage door and made the instant realization Randy's car was not there. Dinner time has been a bit challenging lately causing a headache on its own. I decided to forgo a quick Lily snack in hopes to get her really hungry for dinner and she would miraculously eat whatever I put on her highchair tray. So instead of a snack we played outside. First we visited with our neighbors who's daughter inherited Lily's dairy ridden baby food. Then we played on our front lawn, picking grass and picking dandelions. Then we decided to step it up a notch and joined the dogs in the back yard to play on Lily's new playground. She enjoyed walking up the slide (with mama's help of course) only to get 1/2 way before collapsing and sliding down on her belly. We wandered the yard and checked in on our flowers. Grandma McE. taught her to pick flowers to put in her hair. Yes, this is really cute and sweet but I don't have many flowers left. Then she decided to swing. She hasn't been too interested in the swing and usually wants down before I think she could thoroughly enjoy it. But last night she loved it. Mostly cuz her mama was silly and wouldn't get out of the way, causing Lily to bump into her. Of course those belly laughs keep me repeating this over and over. After wandering the yard a bit more I asked Lily if she wanted to go inside and eat dinner. Her response??? Yes, with a head nod. Wow, I grabbed that opportunity and we proceeded inside. I fed her corn and chicken & noddles and her reaction? She ate the entire plate. About this time I realized my headache was gone. GONE. I didn't take Tylenol, I didn't lay down. I felt great and we ended up having a wonderful night.

Our typical night routine includes a quick peek at Lily before we head to bed, usually 3-4 hours after she falls asleep. Last night as we walked in her room she immediately sat up and wanted held. I love those moments. I held onto her as she sat on my baby belly, arms wrapped around me, head on my shoulder. It's the best feeling in the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats for eating! and yeh! for babies making headaches going away! and yeh! for being a mommy!