Monday, May 21, 2007

Our little man can't talk yet (or cry for that fact) but he communicated that I was over doing it. On Saturday I skipped breakfast in order to get to my niece's basketball game on time. Immediately after her game Lily and I drove to Boulder for Randy's frisbee games. As we were sitting in the hot sun it hit me. I wasn't feeling very good. Not good at all. I didn't drink as much water as I should have for 2 stupid reasons...I already pee a lot and peeing in public places with a toddler isn't easy. Yes, I already mentioned this was stupid. Luckily I had packed our lunch and filled up with some food immediately. It didn't help much. Lily and I left and went straight home where she was a saint and took a nap. I was drained. Thankfully I recovered by Sunday and had no residual effects. I'm thankful that my pregnant body was able to communicate that I was over doing my activity and under doing my nutrition. I'm thankful that my mind listened. It won't happen again.

As I was in the Target check out lane a headline grabbed my attention. Every parent's nightmare...a little girl was kidnapped. Unfortunately kidnappings happen too frequently and that now scares the daylights out of me more so than ever before. I bought the magazine and looked at the family's website. Unfortunately they haven't found her yet. I have an overwhelming desire to help this family but how? I kept thinking I should put her link on my blog to get her name and picture out there. I wasn't sure how much that would help and almost didn't link to their site until I thought about my own family. I would want anyone and everyone to do as much as they could so here is the site...

Banner2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenni - you have such a big heart! i hope they do find this little one. the story touched my heart too.