Thursday, August 02, 2007

No baby yet! Part III

What is up with the massive recall of Elmo/Sesame Street toys? You would think something as well known as the amount of lead in paint would be discovered a bit sooner. Of course Lily is surronded by Elmo, thankfully most are plush Elmo dolls but she does own 3 recalled toys. And one of the toys she loved so much I bought for a friend's little boy. That's just wonderful!

I have recently determined that I haven't shared our boy name on my blog. Not sure why not since we decided to forgo the secret name route and openly tell anyone who cares. But...since I haven't shared his name on my blog up till now I probably should wait until say...his birth announcement. That will be fun, right? And if you don't know it then you probably haven't called or seen us in the past 3 months.

Speaking of our boy name, I have been seeing his name a lot recently. Not necessarily as other people's names but in a book and on a street sign, etc. Random places. I have also been noticing dates. My cell phone crashed (that is what happens when you spill water ALL over it) and I got out my old cell phone. The date that the old phone shut off with was August 16, the day before our due date. Make me wonder if that was a sign. :)

Last night Lily and I went to the pool. Joy joined us but we only stayed in the pool for about 5 minutes before the wind picked up. It came from no where, it was 92 degrees when we arrived and suddenly the sun went behind a huge dark cloud and the wind started blowing over pool chairs and creating pretty good waves in the pool. Lily wasn't a fan and clung to me until I got her dryed off in a towel. We cut the pool outing short and went home to a nice warm bath.

Lily started commanding us and the dogs to "MOVE" when we are in her way. We always stay put until she can ask us to move nicely by saying "excuse me." Even the dogs know not to move upon her first disrespectful command but will move easily when she asks nicely. She has been more into her bedtime routine. She will push the step stool up to the recliner in her room, crawl into the recliner and sit back and enjoy story time. She is getting familiar with a couple books and will say a word before we say the word. I would say her favorite books right now are I'm a Big Sister, Barnyard Dance, Little Miss Spider and Little Miss Spider at Sunny Patch School, and Where the Wild Things Are.

I have confirmed my maternity leave with my company. I am very thankful they have a paid maternity leave since my last company allowed us to use our vacation or sick time. Yeah, that was nice of them. I plan to be on maternity leave for 8 full weeks and will return to working full time FROM HOME! from weeks 9-12. I plan to start baby boy in day care after 8 weeks so I will actually work but at least I'll only be 5 minutes from him and Lily. I am so excited to be able to work at home! This means saving 45 minutes getting ready in the morning and 40 minute total commute time. I envision being able to throw laundry in during the day, throwing something in the crock pot in the morning to be ready for dinner, etc. I won't be able to work at home forever but I'm happy my company is flexible at this time. Maybe they will enjoy not having me in the office and request that I work at home. One can only dream.

My recent pregnancy food kicks have been sunflower seeds and Wendy's chocolate frostys. Yum. My mom started me on the sunflower seed kick after she last visited. She left a 1/2 bag and since then I have craved them frequently. I'm trying to talk myself out of them cuz they are kind of gross. They leave my hands and fingernails all dirty and no matter how good I think I am I still find sunflower shells where I was sitting. I did under go craving issue a week or two ago. Randy was running some errands at night but forgot to stop by a gas station to purchase my requested seeds. He was going to go back out and get them but I told him not to. I didn't want to be high maintenance. But I couldn't stop thinking about my lack of seeds. I waited until he made himself a bowl of cereal and then told him I was running out to get some. There was nothing he could do about it at that point. He wasn't happy about it but it was something I had to do. The store clerk gave me a strange look when I was buying 2 bags of sunflower seeds at 9PM on a Saturday night, being hugely pregnant and all, but I didn't care. I had my seeds and was happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, you need to buy bulk at the health food sotre - deshelled! that's what i get! of course, you end up eating a gazillion more of them...but they are good for you!

Anonymous said...

I bet they weren't as good as our Dakota Style seeds.

Jenni said...

I can't eat deshelled seeds! Part of the fun is getting the seed out, although that part is messy.

Yes, Dakota Style ROCK! Good thing my mom didn't bring that kind or I would have asked her to mail more.