Thursday, August 16, 2007

Cozy and content on the inside

Betcha thought my absence from blogging meant I was busying holding a new baby. Well...you couldn't be more WRONG! Just busy with actually working since today, yes I said TODAY, is my last day! Wahoo! Not forever but at least the longest I've ever been away from work. Let's see...I started working when I was 13 at the dog track, so it's been 17 years since I've had such a break. Not that I was working full time at 13 years of age but with part time work and school, well, you get the picture.

Yesterday our friend, Q, arrived from San Francisco. The plan was for the 3 of us to attend the 311 concert at Red Rocks. But...that is not the plan that unfolded last night. My lovely husband became a bit over protective and decided to SELL my ticket because he felt it was in my best interest to not be exposed to the rowdy and likely smokey (and even more likely stuff besides cigs) crowd. I do have to give Randy props for selling the ticket before telling me...he knew I would have refused but how could I refuse after the fact and knowing he really was looking out for me and baby boy. So the past week I have gritted my teeth while listening to all the advertisements for this concert and kept busy last night while they boys enjoyed the show.

Our last OB appointment was yesterday. Wahoo for no more visits that mean waiting for 25+ minutes to see the doctor for maybe 5 minutes and hear him say how big this baby might be. My new saying, instead of being scared for a large baby, is...the bigger the baby the less weight I have to lose afterwards. So if he comes out 15 pounds then I only have 5 pounds left to lose. Not so bad, right? If he comes out 10 pounds, well I'm half way there. Again, not so bad. :):):):):)

Two days ago I was feeling Braxton-Hicks contractions pretty much all day long. I even took a warm bath because I heard if they weren't real a warm bath could make them go away. During and after my bath, they continued! Randy called Joy to give her the warning. Mostly cuz she doesn't always answer her phone or know where it is and she will be on Lily duty when the real time comes. Anyhow, the nieces and our daycare lady's daughter (who is friends with Kelsey) could be heard in the back ground screaming. They were a bit excited that baby boy might be on his way. Daycare lady's daughter calls daycare lady and her aunt, gets them excited, etc. I got to spend a lot of energy yesterday explaining why nothing happened. I wasn't disappointed because I know not to get my hopes up but plenty of other people were a bit disappointed.

Tomorrow is my "me" day and it will include a 90 minute pregnancy massage with a speciality pregnancy pillow that allows me to lay on my stomach. I haven't laid on my stomach for months and I can't wait! Plus 90 minutes? That is crazy! Don't know if I can ever go back to a meesley 60 minute massage after that. :) I am also getting a pedicure since I can't exactly reach to paint them myself. Tomorrow, to celebrate my due date and likely a late baby, I plan to pamper myself. I'll have them work on the spot in my ankle area that is supposed to induce labor...just in case. Can't hurt, right?

Lily has been a big sweetheart the past few days. Last weekend we had some issues with hitting and the hits were directed my way. Maybe that is why I'm even more excited she's been really good since then. Makes my job easier and way more enjoyable. Discipling a smiley toddler who thinks time outs are fun...well...it's not any fun for me. When we check on Lily before we go to bed, about 2 hours after she goes to bed, she sometimes wakes up. I have taken almost every opportunity to snatch her out of bed and rock her. The last few times she doesn't go back to sleep, but we'll rock for 15+ minutes then I will put her back in her crib where she falls back asleep. I love those moments. The two of us snuggling together, no words exchanged, just having her wrapped in my arms, smelling her lotion scent, stroking her hair. My little girl.

1 comment:

Staci said...

I love those quiet, snuggly moments. I still get those every once in a great while with Ruth, despite the chaos with all the other kids, and I cherish every second of it.

Have a fabulous day tomorrow! You definitely deserve it! I'm thinking of you all the time!!