Saturday, August 25, 2007

A quick update

Our families left this morning. Not only has it been great having family around, it's been wonderful having people take such great care of all of us. From feeding us nightly to cleaning our entire house, we have been spoiled. Not to mention all the attention and care Lily received.

It might sound strange but each little change affects me significantly. I couldn't wait to get home from the hospital but once we were at home I missed the hospital routine. I knew where everything was and now at home I've had to run and up down the stairs many times gathering baby items. After coming home from the hospital we had 3 full days with family around and I got used to that routine. It was great handing Harrison over to my mom and mom in law while we spent time with Lily. It was nice when the entire family was over for dinner together, especially entertaining Lily (Payton even played doll house with Lily). As Saturday approached I had to mentally prepare myself that our routine, although only a few days old, was again changing. Today was our first day alone, 2 parents, 2 kids. Thankfully Randy didn't work (he did squeeze in some work during our nap time) and we tag teamed the kids. We work well together. I'm very lucky that I have him.

Our journey now begins. Stay tuned for lots of talk of black turned green turned yellow poop, middle of the night milk production, toddler temper tantrums, etc., etc.


The pooper himself...




Cutie pie big sister...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen and Randy,
Congrats!!! Finally you put some pictures up! I have been checking on the blog like a 13 year old checks facebook. Again, congrats and let myself or Kpie know if there is anything we can do to help seeing as we are neighbors now! See you in 3 weeks!

Teddaw

Anonymous said...

holy cow - i know that has to be your favorite striped outfit EVER! Hope you are feeling great and that things are settling in nicely for your growing family. love you!