Monday, August 13, 2007

Status quo

At our OB appointment last Friday my body had not changed from the previous visit. Still 2cm and 60% effaced and the OB said baby boy is in Longmont. Meaning he is pretty high in my pelvis. We did talk about induction and actually set a date to be induced just in case baby boy decides to take his sweet time. Our official due date is Friday and the induction date is scheduled for the following Tuesday, August 21. I'm hoping, hoping, hoping he comes on his own so everyone keep your fingers crossed. But...at the same time I have stopped wondering if today will be the day or if this set of contractions will lead to the real thing. Now I am pretty focused on August 21 and if he comes earlier that would be great.

Because we can sort of plan a bit, my last day of work will be Thursday. I only have 3 more days and then I'm off for 8 weeks! I'm rather excited about that! Because family will likely be arriving on Sunday I plan to take Monday off to spend with them and Lily but I also wanted a "me" day. So Friday is my tentatively planned "me" day. Not sure what I will do. Maybe a pregnancy massage with a belly cushion so I could lay on my stomach. Maybe a pedicure. Maybe shopping. Maybe all of the above. In the event my "me" day doesn't happen it means baby boy is in my arms and that is what I really want. I'll get a massage another day.

This past weekend was spent cleaning and preparing the house. I think I have washed everything possible in the house...from the curtains to the couch slip cover. Actually I would like to wash the family room couch cushions but we'll see about that. Randy is much better at that than I am. :) I also decided to wash some blinds, vacuum the entire downstairs (including doors-it's amazing how dog hair attaches to everything), make 2 entrees for our weekly meals, bake muffins, grocery shop, etc. Lily also helped me bake dog treats, which the dogs loved.

Last night I woke up to pee an hour after falling asleep. Lately I have been using the bathroom about 2-3 times a night but using it so quickly after just using it was annoying. After I laid back down baby boy woke up and kicked and kicked and kicked. He was having a ball in there. I love to feel those kicks so I really couldn't go to sleep, knowing he was wide awake. Finally my mind began running off a list of things I still had left to do and before I knew it I got up. I ironed the curtains, Randy's pants, and material that I planned to make a baby sling out of. After ironing (and eating pop tarts) I decided to make my baby sling. It was really easy and that comes from someone who is a very beginner sewer. Even though I've had my sewing machine for approximately 4 years and even took a class I still consider myself a newbie. And...because I sewed the main seam on the wrong side (told ya I was a newbie) I had to make another sling with the left over fabric. They are both use-able but the 2nd one looks better. This morning when I told Randy about my middle of the night chores he was surprised and said I must have dreamt it. Unless some little elves came and ironed and sewed, I didn't dream it.

This morning we had a brief photo session. Check us out...








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenni: You all look so cute, can't wait to see a fourth face in those pictures. Hang in there girl it won't be much longer. Best of luck to ya. Your in our prayers.
Julie

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family..

Heather said...

Love the pix--soon you'll have to make room for a little one too! Haven't seen you much this summer but think of you every day and follow your adventures through your blog. You have mad nesting skillz. :) Hope you have a fabulous "me" day on Friday--you deserve it!

Renee said...

Sending good thoughts your way for a speedy delivery and healthy baby boy.
Can't wait to hear the news!