Monday, January 22, 2007

Sinus infection=antibiotics=feeling better

After feeling good enough to return to work Thursday and Friday I woke up Saturday morning at 6AM and couldn’t return to sleep secondary to extreme pain and pressure in my face. My eye sockets hurt. My ears hurt. My jaw hurt. I was also annoyed I was wide awake (in pain) at 6AM on a Saturday. After an early morning bubble bath, I spent the remainder of the day in bed. I did phone my Dr. who decided to prescribe an antibiotic. Hallelujah! By Sunday morning I was starting to feel better. I even “tried” to make a homemade breakfast for Lily while Randy slept in as a way to thank him for all his hard work while I’ve been a sicko. My elaborate French toast, scrambled eggs and bacon breakfast in bed didn’t fall into place cuz he woke up and took over cooking duties. The change in event was nice since I was already feeling weak from rushing around the kitchen preparing breakfast and trying to please a 15 month old that recently learned the word please (Lily translation=dez) and said it for everything in sight.

Enough of the sick talk. I’m sick of talking about being sick and I’m sure you’re sick of hearing about me being sick. Enough.

For the 2nd weekend in a row we managed not to start any cars and leave our house. Of course for a few obvious reasons but also cuz it snowed again. I really don’t mind this snow. We didn’t have any place we HAD to go and well, we live in CO, where it does actually snow. We have been pretty lucky since moving here 6.5 years ago and have become spoiled by relatively mild-moderate winters. If we lived in Texas we might have something to complain about…but we don’t. When the temps go a little higher we plan to put Lily’s new snowsuit and baby sled to use. While some might envision us whisking her down a steep hill, this is not going to happen. Although it sounds pretty fun…for adults.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are starting to kick this cold's butt. The same cold has been going around here, on the East coast - and I know that it may not be comforting at all to know, but you are not alone.

That's great that Lily has learned please. What a well-mannered little girl! i think it is the most adorable thing when little ones are mannerly.

breakfast in bed...ahhhhh...i don't think i have EVER had that. I always see those neat trays you can buy and I think how cool it would be to have one. But i realize shortly after the daydream, that even if I did have one, I would surely never use it. Or, ah, it would never get used for me, rather.

Ted made me breakfast on Sunday, feeling sympathetic for me after whining about feeling crappy. I must say, it puts a smile on my face to watch him do just about anything....for me.

We sure are lucky.

:-)