Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lily Update

Lily is one determined little girl. She loves to put things together. She can sit in her high chair and buckle herself in over and over. Of course we have to unbuckle her but she is entertained by this for a long time (yes, 8-10 minutes is a long time when it comes to 18 month olds). Last night she went back and forth between her high chair and her travel booster seat putting together each buckle but somehow they kept coming undone (momma is sneaky). We have to distract her with a cool new game to get her to stop buckling things cuz her ADD parents are bored.

Grandma and Grandpa McE. bought her some Easter presents and included was a Mr. Potato head family. They have these teeny, green glasses that Lily loves to wear. Of course they don’t fit her but she requests that we put them on her and she clearly gets a kick out of it.















Lily has turned into quite a momma’s helper. Last weekend when I was preparing my big Easter dinner she was entertained for a very long time (over 30 minutes) by stirring her mixture (a few spoonfuls of whatever I was mixing) and transferring it over to a smaller bowl. Of course she and the table were a bit messy but she loved it. A few nights ago she decided to help me vacuum. This meant she held the vacuum in the same place until it was too heavy for her to hold anymore.















This morning I dropped Lily off at daycare since Randy is crazy busy with work. The daycare lady and her 2 kids were watching as Lily would walk away from me, look at me, I would ask her for a hug, and she would waddle over to me with a big grin on her face. She would give me a big hug and kiss and then repeated this about 5 more times. She definitely knew she had an audience and enjoyed every minute of it.

Most of our evenings seem so rushed. I rush from work to pick her up at daycare, rush home to let the dogs out and get her dinner ready. Feed her, play for a while, either continue playing for a bit or bathe her, then it’s bedtime. Some nights during playtime I try to do laundry or clean up the kitchen. Last night I decided to put the house chores aside and focus solely on Lily. I even left work a little early (per my boss of course) and was able to let the dogs out, change into comfortable clothes and mentally prepare her dinner. Our evening was a blast. Nothing was rushed, we had FUN. Part of the fun time included me lying on my back to stretch to which Lily decided to put her shoes on my feet. This lasted longer than I expected so I had to stretch or change positions occasionally to which she would freak out (in a cute way) and say “No, no, no” and when I would laugh at her she would laugh too. After she went to bed, I even managed to stay awake long enough to finish the laundry and pick up the house a bit. Overall it was a great night and I can’t wait for work to end so I can start another fun evening with her.

No comments: